The Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for the sales and marketing efforts of a portfolio of brands. The Sales & Marketing Manager manages a team of outside sales reps and internal staff, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth.
This position reports to the Vice-President of Sales and Marketing.
This position may require a significant amount of travel and hours of work will vary depending on the needs of the company and its customers.
- Providing direction, goal setting, motivation and leadership to internal staff and outside reps
- Managing the sales and marketing department’s resources, budgets/costs and personnel to reach and exceed margin targets
- Management of product inventory, ensuring that supply is adequate for achieving sales targets while reducing stale and obsolete inventory levels
- Executing strategic plans of the business
- Build strong relationships with key customers
- Maintaining and continually improving the company’s competitive position
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BRING:
- Highest level of integrity and commitment
- Ability to develop, motivate and lead a diverse team of individuals, as well as being a mentor to all other staff and have fun while doing it
- Experience leading the sales and marketing function with a track record of significant growth through the efforts of its sales strategies
- Experience working with multiple brands under one portfolio
- Experience in the retail and apparel industries.
- Strong understanding of merchandising, sales, marketing and PNL accountability
- A drive to succeed and exceptional organization skills
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to quality
- Pride in, not only their own successes, but the successes of their team
- Commitment to educate and better themselves through leadership and other personal development, seminars and networking organizations
- A desire to be remunerated on achieving defined individual and corporate goals